Human Factors Engineering and Ergonomics
This area studies the interactions between humans and systems, including the design and evaluation of technology, environment, and tasks in order to make them compatible with the needs, abilities, and limitations of people.
Cognitive & Systems Engineering
This area studies human perception and cognition to design effective interactions with technology to promote safety, operational performance, and innovation.
· Human-Systems Interaction Design
· Virtual and Augmented Reality
· Auditory/Acoustical Systems & Hearing Safety
Cognitive & Systems Engineering Faculty
Occupational Ergonomics & Biomechanics
This area addresses a range of topics and spans in scope from fundamental understanding of underlying injury mechanisms, to applications in risk evaluation, design of controls, and interventions.
· Slips, Trips & Falls
· Motor Control & Coordination
· Musculoskeletal Injury Prevention
· Ergonomic Exposure & Risk Assessment
· Work Performance Enhancement