- Engineering-driven data mining and analytics for complex systems
- Surrogate modeling, uncertainty quantification and optimization of Engineering Systems
- Computational algorithms and information fusion for high-volume/ high-velocity data-intensive systems
- Predictive modeling, system informatics and automation
- Ph.D. Industrial Engineering (Minor: Machine Learning), Georgia Institute of Technology, August 2018
- M.S. Statistics, Georgia Institute of Technology, August 2016
- M.S. Power Engineering and Thermophysics, Tsinghua University, June 2013
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Beijing Institute of Technology, June 2011
- Assistant Professor, Grado Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, August 2018 - Present
- Graduate Student Instructor, H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, January - August 2018
- Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant, H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, August 2013 - December 2017
- Yue, X., Wen, Y., Hunt, J. H., Shi, J., (2018) “Surrogate Model based Control Considering Uncertainty for Composite Fuselage Assembly”, ASME Transactions, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 140(4), 041017 (13 pages).
- Yue, X., Yan, H., Park, J. G., Liang, Z., Shi, J., (2018) “A Wavelet-based Penalized Mixed Effects Model for Multichannel Profile Monitoring based on In-line Raman Spectroscopy”, IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, 15(3), pp.1258-1271.
- Yue, X., Shi, J., (2018) “Surrogate-Model based Optimal Feed-forward Control for Dimensional Variation Reduction in Composites Assembly Processes”, Journal of Quality Technology, (in press).
- Wen, Y., Yue, X., Hunt, J. H., Shi, J., (2018) “Feasibility Analysis of Composite Fuselage Shape Control via Finite Element Analysis”, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 46, pp.272-281.
- Yue, X., Wang, K., Yan, H., Park, J. G., Liang, Z., Zhang, C., Wang, B., Shi, J., (2017) “Generalized Wavelet Shrinkage of In-line Raman Spectroscopy for Quality Monitoring of Continuous Nanomanufacturing for Buckypaper”, IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, 14(1), pp.196-207.
- American Statistical Association (ASA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE)
- Institute for Operation Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Mary G. and Joseph Natrella Scholarship, American Statistical Association, 2018
- Alice and John Jarvis, Ph.D. Student Research Award, Honorable Mention, Georgia Tech, 2018
- IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering Best Paper Award, IEEE Robotics & Automation Society, 2018
- IISE Outstanding Graduate Award, Georgia Tech, 2017
- INFORMS Data Mining Best Paper Finalist Award, 2017
- INFORMS Quality, Statistics and Reliability (QSR) Best Refereed Paper Finalist Award, 2017
- INFORMS 2017 Best Poster Presentation Award, 2017
113 Durham Hall
1145 Perry Street
Blacksburg, VA 24061