Main Area: Operations Research
- Methodology: Data driven distributionally robust optimization, stochastic programming and discrete optimization, approximation algorithm, statistical learning
- Applications: Logistics and network design problems under uncertainty; stochastic/robust power system design
- Ph.D., Operations Research, Georgia Institute of Technology, May 2017
- M.S., Civil Engineering, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, August 2013
- M.S., Applied Mathematics, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, December 2012
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, July 2010
Assistant Professor, Grado Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech, 2017 - present
- ISE 2404: Deterministic Operations Research (DOR) I (Spring 2018)
- ISE 6514: Advanced Topics in Mathematical Programming (Fall 2017)
Click a title in brown to view the abstract. Go to his Google Scholar page for a complete list of his publications.
- Xie, W., Ahmed, S. (2018). Distributionally robust simple integer recourse. Computational Management Science. Minor revision.
- Singh, M., Xie, W. (2018). Approximate positive correlated distributions and approximation algorithms for D-optimal design. In Proceedings of the Twenty-Ninth Annual ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (pp. 2240-2255). Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics.
- Xie, W., Ahmed, S., Jiang, R. (2017) Optimized Bonferroni Approximations of Distributionally Robust Joint Chance Constraints. Mathematical Programming. Major revision.
- Xie, W., Ahmed, S. (2017) On deterministic reformulations of distributionally robust joint chance constrained optimization problems. SIAM Journal on Optimization. Accepted.
- Xie, W., Ahmed, S. (2017) On quantile cuts and their closure for chance constrained optimization problems. Mathematical Programming. Accepted.
- Xie, W., Ahmed, S. (2017) Distributionally robust chance constrained optimal power flow with renewables: A conic reformulation. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. Accepted.
- Xie, W., Ouyang, Y., Wong, S.C. (2016) Reliable location routing problem under facility disruption risks. Transportation Science, 50(3), 1128-1138.
- Member, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Top 3 Finalists, Engineering Undergraduate Research Advisor, Virginia Tech, 2018
- Best Ph.D. Thesis for the 2018 Sigma Xi Research Awards, Georgia Tech
- New Professor Mentoring Project Award, Virginia Tech, 2017
- Honorable mention, INFORMS George Nicholson Student Paper Competition, 2017
- Algorithm and Randomness Center Fellowship Award, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2016
- Alice and John Jarvis Ph.D. Student Research Award, ISyE, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2015
ISE faculty and students receive multiple awards at INFORMS Annual Meeting (October 2017)
Drs. Michael Madigan and Weijun Xie join ISE department in fall 2017 (August 2017)