Konstantinos P. Triantis
John Lawrence Professor
Virginia Tech-Northern Virginia Center, Rm 442
7054 Haycock Road,
Falls Church, VA 22043
7054 Haycock Road,
Falls Church, VA 22043
Author of over 140 papers and reports and over 170 conference presentations and invited lectures
Main Area: Management Systems Engineering
- Data Envelopment Analysis
- Critical Infrastructure Systems (Resilience and Sustainability)
- Productivity measurement and analysis
- Engineering economics
- Operations research
- Dynamic Performance Measurement and Evaluation (DPEM)
- Complex Adaptive Systems Analysis of Productive Efficiency (CAPEM)
- Complex Adaptive Performance Evaluation for Collaborative Design (C2D)
- Evacuation Planning
- Health System Engineering
- Ph.D., Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, Columbia University, New York, NY, 1984
- M. Phil., Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, Columbia University, New York, NY, 1980
- M.S., , Industrial and Management Engineering, Columbia University, New York, NY, 1977
- B.S., , Industrial and Management Engineering, Columbia University, New York, NY, 1976
- Senior Editor: Data Envelopment Analysis Journal - Since 2014
- Associate Editor: Journal of Productivity Analysis - Since 2015
- Associate Editor: Journal of Service Science - Since 2014
- Management of Quality and Reliability
- Productivity and Performance Measurement and Improvement
- Advanced Performance Measurement for Engineered Systems
- Economic Evaluation of Industrial Projects
- Systems Engineering Design Projects
- Director of ISE program in Virginia Tech northern Virginia and representing ISE extended campus programs as part of the executive committee, National Capital Region (NCR) College of Engineering (CoE).
- Former Director of Systems Engineering Program and current Director of the ISE Ph.D. program in Northern Virginia
- Co-Director of System Performance Lab - SPL
- Lead of the Management Team for the Resilient Infrastructure Processes and Systems (RIPS) Solicitation (NSF 13-424).
- As co-director of SPL, has participated as a PI or co-PI has served in more than $6.6 million in funded research projects. Major sponsors include: NSF, NASA, ONR, DOE, DOD, American Red Cross, and USPS among others.
- Proposal reviewer for NSF, and journal reviewer for IIE Transactions, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Journal of Productivity Analysis, International Journal of Production Economics, European Journal of Operations Research, Operations Research, Omega, Management Science, Computers and Industrial Engineering, Journal of the Operational Research Society, Journal of Transportation Engineering, Annals of Operations Research, Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, Transportation Research Parts C and E. among others.
- Established the Ph.D. program in ISE in the National Capital Region (NCR) and served for a number of years as the director of the Systems Engineering Program.
- University service include: NCR College of Engineering chair, President of the Northern Virginia faculty association. Session chair: numerous sessions at national/international conferences.
- Triantis, K. and Rastegar, S., “Resilient Interdependent Infrastructures Processes and Systems,” Engineering Advisory Board Meeting, Engineering Directorate, National Science Foundation, April 2014.
- Triantis, K. (invited workshop), “Performance Measurement and Engineering Systems,” DEA 2014, University of Malaya, Malaysia, April 2014.
- Triantis, K., “Network Representations of Efficiency Analysis for Engineering Systems: Examples, Issues and Research Opportunities,” 2013 DEA Workshop on Productivity Regulation and Transportation, Jerusalem, Israel, December 2013.
- Triantis, K., “The Importance of Evaluation and Assessment in Determining Value in Federal Investments,” NSF, July 22, 2013.
- Triantis, K., (invited panelist), “Research in Infrastructure Systems,” Infrastructure and Community Resilience: Natural and Human-Caused disasters, University of Maryland, April 11, 2013.
- Triantis K., “Performance Measurement and Engineering Systems: Themes and Future Research Opportunities,” Virginia Tech, Named Professor Seminar, March, 2013.
- Medina-Borja, A., Triantis, K., and S. Griswold, “Assessment and Evaluation of Core Engineering Research Programs: Civil Infrastructure Systems,” Engineering Directorate, National Science Foundation February 2013.
- Triantis, K. and Griswold, S., “Infrastructure Systems: Fundamental Research” Office of Science and Technology, Subcommittee on Infrastructures, February 2013.
- Triantis, K., “Civil Infrastructure Systems Program,” National Science Foundation, Committee of Visitors, May and August 2012.
- Triantis, K. “Research Issues in Construction Engineering,” Global Leadership Forum for Construction and Engineering Management Programs, Purdue University, May 2012.
- K. Triantis (invited commentator), “Complexity and Network Science Issues in Infrastructure Systems,” NSF Sponsored Workshop on Complexity in Infrastructure Systems, Martha Vineyard, July 2012.
- Triantis, K., “The Integration of Social and Behavioral Sciences in Civil Infrastructure Systems: An Illustration from Performance Measurement,” International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, George Washington University, November 2011 (key note address).
- Triantis, K., “The Integration of Social and Behavioral Sciences in Civil Infrastructure Systems: An Illustration from Performance Measurement,” ISTTT 2011, July 2011, Berkeley, California (key note address).
Kostas Triantis named John L. Lawrence Professor of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research (December 2013)
Fourth Conference on Community Resiliency set for Aug. 29-30 in Switzerland (July 2013)
Kostas Triantis named Ralph H. Bogle Professor Fellow of Industrial and Systems Engineering (September 2008)