Research Associate Professor
- CCAM Fellow
- Microelectromechanical System (MEMS)
- Neural Engineering
- Additive Manufacturing
- Biomedical Engineering
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Hong Kong (2006-2010)
- M.Eng. in Materials Engineering, State Key Lab of Advanced Welding and Joining at Harbin Institute of Technology (2002-2004)
- B.Eng. in Materials Engineering, State Key Lab of Advanced Welding and Joining at Harbin Institute of Technology (1998-2002)
- Research Associate Professor, CCAM Fellow, Industrial and Systems Engineering at Virginia Tech. June 2023 – present.
- Research Assistant Professor, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at West Virginia University. August 2021 – May 2023.
- Staff Scientist, Northwell Health (New York). January 2020 – July 2021.
- Research Scientist, Media Lab at Massachusettes Institute of Technology. July 2018 – January 2020.
- Scientist II, Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR), Singapore. April 2018 – July 2018.
- Scientist I, Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR), Singapore. November 2011 – April 2018.
- T. Sun, T. Tsaava, J. Peragine, C. Crosfield, M.F. Lopez, R. Modi, R. Sharma, C. Li, H. Sohal, E.H. Chang, L. Rieth, Flexible IrOx Neural Electrode for Mouse Vagus Nerve Stimulation, Acta Biomaterialia, 2023, 159, 394-409 (This work was reported by WVU Today and WV News).
- H. Yao, T. Sun, J.S. Chiam, M. Tan, K.Y. Ho, Z. Liu, C.K. Tee, “Augmented Reality Interfaces Using Virtual Customization of Microstructured Electronic Skin Sensor Sensitivity Performances”, Advanced Functional Materials, 2021, 2008650
- T. Sun, F. Tasnim, R.T. Mclntosh, N. Amiri, D. Solav, M.T. Anbarani, D. Sadat, L. Zhang, Y. Gu, M.A. Karami, C. Dagdeviren, “Decoding of facial strains via conformable piezoelectric interfaces”, Nature Biomedical Engineering, 2020. 4: 954-972 (This work was reported by MIT News).
- I. Wicaksono, C.I. Tucker, T. Sun, C.A. Guerrero, C. Liu, W.M. Woo, E.J. Pence, C. Dagdeviren, “A Tailored, Electronic Textile Conformable Suit for Large-scale Spatiotemporal Physiological Sensing in vivo”, npj Flexible electronics, 2020. 4: 5 (This work was reported by MIT News).