John P. Shewchuk
- P. Eng.
Main Area: Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Modeling and analysis of manufacturing systems
- Computer integrated manufacturing
- Production systems, simulation, scheduling in manufacturing
Applied research advancing the state-of-the-art in lean manufacturing
- Ph.D., Industrial Engineering, Purdue University, 1995
- M.S., Industrial Engineering, Purdue University, 1990
- B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, University of Manitoba, 1984
- ISE 4214: Lean Manufacturing
- ISE 3024: Data Management for Industrial Engineers
- Shewchuk, J.P., Nussbaum, M. A., Kim, S., and Sarkar, S. (2016), “Simulation Modeling and Ergonomic Assessment of Complex, Multi-Worker Physical Processes,” IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, PP (99), 1-12.
- Sarkar, S. and Shewchuk, J.P. (2013), “Use of advance demand information in multi-stage production/inventory systems with multiple demand classes”, International Journal of Production Research, 51 (1), 57-68.
- Shewchuk, J.P. and Guo, C. (2012), “Panel Stacking, Panel Sequencing, and Stack Locating in Residential Construction: A Lean Approach,” Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 138 (9), 1007-1016.
- Nussbaum, M.A., Shewchuk, J.P., Kim, S., Seol, H. and Guo, C. (2009), “Development of a decision support system for residential construction using panelized walls: approach and preliminary results”, Ergonomics, 52, 87-103.
- Shewchuk, J.P. (2008), “Worker Allocation for Full Work in U-shaped Production Lines”, International Journal of Production Research, 46 (13), 3485-3502.
Reviewer for: International Journal of Production Research, Production Planning and Control, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Computers in Industry, International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, IIE Transactions
Dr. John P. Shewchuk named Associate Department Head and Undergraduate Program Director (March 2017)
Dr. John Shewchuk named Interim Associate Department Head and Undergraduate Program Director (July 2016)
Engineering faculty receive dean’s awards for excellence (May 2015)
Virginia Tech researchers, collaborators receive award from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for occupational safety, health in construction research (October 2009)