John P. Shewchuk
- P. Eng.
Main Area: Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Green Production Systems
Non-lean production planning and control incorporating environmental considerations
- Lean Green Manufacturing
Lean manufacturing where non-eco-friendly lean practices, methods, and techniques are modified in order to reduce adverse environmental impacts
- Hybrid Manufacturing/Remanufacturing Systems
Manufacturing facilities where manufacturing and remanufacturing operations occur simultaneously, using shared resources
- Circular Manufacturing Systems
Incorporation of used, remanufactured and/or recycled products and materials into the manufacturing process, resulting in a circular flow of items into/out of the manufacturing facility
- Reverse Manufacturing Supply Chains
Collecting used/end-of-life products, manufacturing process waste, etc., and returning these items to the manufacturing facility input stream for circular manufacturing
- Ph.D., Industrial Engineering, Purdue University, 1995
- M.S., Industrial Engineering, Purdue University, 1990
- B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, University of Manitoba, 1984
- ISE 4214: Lean Manufacturing
- ISE 3024: Data Management for Industrial Engineers
- Shewchuk, J.P., Nussbaum, M. A., Kim, S., and Sarkar, S. (2016), “Simulation Modeling and Ergonomic Assessment of Complex, Multi-Worker Physical Processes,” IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, PP (99), 1-12.
- Sarkar, S. and Shewchuk, J.P. (2013), “Use of advance demand information in multi-stage production/inventory systems with multiple demand classes”, International Journal of Production Research, 51 (1), 57-68.
- Shewchuk, J.P. and Guo, C. (2012), “Panel Stacking, Panel Sequencing, and Stack Locating in Residential Construction: A Lean Approach,” Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 138 (9), 1007-1016.
- Nussbaum, M.A., Shewchuk, J.P., Kim, S., Seol, H. and Guo, C. (2009), “Development of a decision support system for residential construction using panelized walls: approach and preliminary results”, Ergonomics, 52, 87-103.
- Shewchuk, J.P. (2008), “Worker Allocation for Full Work in U-shaped Production Lines”, International Journal of Production Research, 46 (13), 3485-3502.
Reviewer for: International Journal of Production Research, Production Planning and Control, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Computers in Industry, International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, IIE Transactions