Assistant Research Professor
Main Area: Human Factors Psychology and Systems Engineering
- Applied Psychophysics
- Auditory Situation Awareness
- Human-Machine Systems
- Human Information Processing
- Sensation & Perception
- Usability Interaction & Experience (UI/UX)
- User-Centered Design
- Product Design & Evaluation
- Ph.D., Industrial & Systems Engineering, North Carolina A&T State University, August 2018
- M.S., Human Factors and Systems, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, May 2012
- B.S., Human Factors Psychology, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, May 2008
North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University
- Industrial & Systems Engineering Department: Graduate Research | Teaching Assistant
- Transportation Institute: Center for Advanced Transportation Mobility Graduate Research Assistant
- North Carolina Cooperative Extension: 4H STEM Robotics
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Dr. Ronald E. McNair Scholars Program: Research Supervisor
- Human Factors Department: Graduate Research | Teaching Assistant
- Intercollegiate Track & Field: Performance & Technique Assistant Coach
- Computer Programming in VisualBasic for Engineers
- Discrete Event Systems Modeling & Simulation
- Occupational Biomechanics & Ergonomics
- Research Analysis Psychology
Please click a title in brown to open the abstract.
- Patrick, R. N. C., Jiang, S., Letowski, T., & McBride, M. (2018). Auditory Conduction Equal-Loudness (ACE): A perceptual method of comparing relative frequency response. Doctoral Dissertation. North Carolina A&T State University: Greensboro, NC.
- Patrick, R. N., Veroneze, G., Benedict, B., & Jiang, S. (2015). Conduction Equivalency Ratios: An Open-Ear Regression Model of Air and Bone Conduction Equal-Loudness. IIE Annual Conference. Proceedings (p. 2549). Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE).
- Patrick, R., Kring, J., McBride, M., & Letowski, T. (2014). Bone Conduction Equal-Loudness: A Comparison of AC/BC Equal-Loudness Curves in an Open vs. Closed Ear Listening Environment. IIE Annual Conference. Proceedings (p. 2839). Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE).
- Patrick, R., Kring, J., McBride, M., & Letowski, T. (2012). Conduction equivalency ratios: A means for comparing the frequency response of bone and air conduction auditory displays. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting (Vol. 56, No. 1, pp. 1356-1360). Sage CA: Los Angeles, CA: SAGE Publications.
- McBride, M., Tran, P., Letowski, T., & Patrick, R. (2011). The effect of bone conduction microphone locations on speech intelligibility and sound quality. Applied Ergonomics, 43(3), 495-502.
- Alpha Pi Mu, Industrial & Systems Engineering Honors Society
- Dr. Ronald E. McNair Scholars Program
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES)
- Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE)
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Incorporated: Xi Beta Chapter
- Dr. Ronald E. McNair Scholars Program, ERAU-DB: Outstanding Alumnus Mentor Award
- NC A&T State University Graduate School: Title III Dissertation Fellow
- NC A&T Industrial & Systems Engineering Dept.: Humanitarian, Research, & Teaching Awards
- National Associate of Intercollegiate Athletics: Long Jump National Runner-up & All-American
516 Whittemore Hall
1185 Perry Street
Blacksburg, VA . 24061