Hanumanthrao "Rao" Kannan
- Ph.D., Aerospace Engineering, Iowa State University, 2015
- M.S., Astronautical Engineering, University of Southern California, 2011
- B.E., Aeronautical Engineering, Anna University, India, 2010
- Assistant Professor, Grado Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech, August 2018 - Present
- Postdoctoral Associate, Grado Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech, August 2017- August 2018
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Aerospace Engineering, Iowa State University, August 2015 - May 2017
ISE 4015 Management Systems
Click a title in brown to open the abstract.
- Kannan, H., Bloebaum, C.L., Mesmer, B., “Increased System Consistency through Incorporation of Coupling in Value-based Systems Engineering”, Systems Engineering, 20(1), 21-44, 2017.
- Simpson, T., Miller, S., Tibor, E., Yukish, M., Stump, G., Kannan, H., Mesmer, B., Winer, E., Bloebaum, C.L., “Adding Value to Trade Space Exploration when Designing Complex Engineered Systems”, Systems Engineering, 20(2), 131-146, 2017.
- Kwasa, B., Kannan, H., Bloebaum, C.L., “Incorporation of Organization Design in the Design of Large-Scale Complex Engineered Systems”, accepted for publication – Journal of Aerospace Operations (JAO)
- Wang, M., Kannan, H., Bloebaum, C.L., “Beyond Mean-Variance: The Mean-Gini Approach to Optimization Under Uncertainty”, ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, 140(3), 031401 (11 pages).
- Salado, A., Kannan, H., “A Mathematical Model of Verification Strategies”, accepted for publication – Systems Engineering Journal
- International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE), Member, 2018-present
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), Member, 2010-present
- James E. Long Memorial Post-Doctoral Fellowship, INCOSE foundation - To advance the state of the practice of systems thinking or the systems perspective, July 2018
- Research Excellence Award, Iowa State University - Outstanding research in a graduate program (PhD), Fall 2015