Blake N. Johnson
- Postdoc, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Princeton University, 2015
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Drexel University, 2013
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2008
- Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech, 2015 - present
- Assistant Professor, Faculty of Health Sciences, Virginia Tech, 2016 - present
- Postdoctoral Associate, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Princeton University, 2013 - 2015
- Research Assistant, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Drexel University, 2008 - 2013
- ISE 5984: Additive Manufacturing
- ISE 2204: Manufacturing Processes
Please click a title in light brown to view the abstract.
- Blake N. Johnson, Karen Z. Lancaster, Esteban A. Engel, Yong Lin Kong, Maneesh K. Gupta, Kellin Krick, Fanben Meng, Lynn W. Enquist & Michael C. McAlpine, 3D printed anatomical nerve regeneration pathways. Advanced Functional Materials, (2015).
- Maneesh K. Gupta, Yong Lin Kong, Blake N. Johnson, Nina Masters, Srikanth Singamaneni, & Michael C. McAlpine, 3D printed programmable release capsules, Nano Letters, (2015).
- Yong Lin Kong, Ian Tamargo, H. Kim, Blake N. Johnson, Maneesh K. Gupta, T.-W. Koh, Huai-An Chin, Barry P. Rand, Daniel A. Steingart, & Michael C. McAlpine, 3D printed quantum dot light-emitting diodes, Nano Letters, 14, 7017-7023 (2014).
- Blake N. Johnson & Raj Mutharasan, Biosensing using dynamic-mode cantilever sensors: A review. Biosensors and Bioelectronics 32, 1-18, (2012).
- Blake N. Johnson & Raj Mutharasan, pH Effect on controlled orientation of protein adsorption to Au surfaces. Langmuir, 28, 6928-6934, (2012).
- Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE), 2015, Member
- American Chemical Society (ACS), 2010, Member
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), 2008, Member
- Innovation Award, 2015, Princeton University
- Best Dissertation Award, 2013, Drexel University
- Chemical Engineering Award, 2012, Drexel University
Fist bumps, golf grips, Kapton (December 2017)
Junior Faculty Awards fund research partnerships across campus (September 2017)
ISE Undergraduate Research Project by Dr. Blake Johnson on 3D Printed Prosthetic Hand Featured on Local News (May 2017)
Dr. Blake Johnson interviewed by WVTF on his personalized implantables research (October 2016)
Dr. Blake Johnson received NSF EAGER Award (September 2016)
Spotlight on New Faculty: Industrial and Systems Engineering (October 2015)
3-D printing method can regenerate complex peripheral nerve injuries (September 2015)
College of Engineering announces 34 new hires (August 2015)
ISE Welcomes Two New Faculty in Fall 2015 (August 2015)