Myounghoon "Philart" Jeon
- Ph.D., Engineering Psychology and Human-Computer Interaction, Georgia Institute of Technology
- M.S., Engineering Psychology, Georgia Institute of Technology
- M.S., Cognitive Sciences (Cognitive Engineering), Yonsei University, South Korea
- B.S., Psychology, Sociology, Yonsei University, South Korea
- Associate Professor, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech, August 2018 - Present
- Associate Professor, Department of Cognitive and Learning Sciences, Department of Computer Science, Michigan Tech, August 2016-August 2018
- Assistant Professor, Department of Cognitive and Learning Sciences, Department of Computer Science, Michigan Tech, August 2012-August 2016
ISE 3614 Intro to Human Factors Engineering
- Burns, R., Jeon, M., & Park, C.H. (2018). Robotic motion learning framework to promote social engagement. Applied Sciences, 8, 241, 1-18.
- Jeon, M. Ed. (2017). Emotions and Affect in Human Factors and Human-Computer Interaction, San Diego: Academic Press.
- Jeon, M., & Fishwick, P. Eds. (2017). Special Issue on Arts, Aesthetics, and Performance in Telepresence. Presence: Teleoperators and Virtual Environments, 26(2), 97-209.
- Jeon, M. Walker, B. N., & Gable, T. M. (2015). The effects of social interactions with in-vehicle agents on a driver’s angry level, driving performance, situation awareness, and perceived workload. Applied Ergonomics, 50, 185-199.
- Jeon, M., Walker, B. N., & Srivastava, A. (2012). “Spindex” (speech index) enhances menu navigation on touch screen devices with tapping, wheeling, and flicking gestures. ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction (TOCHI), 19(2), 14:1-27.
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, 2017 - Presnet
- Associate Editor, MIT Journal Presence: Teleoperations and Virtual Environments, 2015 - Present
- Senior Editor, Ergonomics in Design, 2018 - Present
- Board Member, International Community for Auditory Display, 2017 - Present
- Best Student Paper Award at the 22nd ICAD Conference, Australia, 2016
- Best Paper Award at the ArtsIT Conference, Denmark, 2016
- Best Poster Abstract Paper Award at the 15th HCI International Conference, USA, 2013
- Best Student Paper Award for the PPTG (Perception and Performance Technical Group) at the 53rd Annual Meeting of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, USA, October 19-23, 2009
- ICAD Doctoral Student Consortium “ThinkTank”, Travel Funds, USA, 2010, 2011
- IF Communication Design Award (Digital Media: Interface), Personal Navigation Device User Interface, Germany, 2007
- Korean Ergonomic Design Award, Air Conditioner UI/AUI Design, Korea, 2007