Main Area: Management Systems Engineering
Dr. Hosseinichimeh’s research focuses on healthcare systems engineering and policy modeling. She applies the system dynamics approach and statistical methods to examine and improve healthcare systems. Applications of her research include modeling of mental health systems, emergency departments, and infant mortality. Her methodological contributions include expanding calibration methods for dynamic models and developing techniques for system dynamics group model building. Her recent research has been funded by the Ohio State Department of Health.
- Ph.D., Public Policy, State University of New York at Albany, 2012
- MPA, State University of New York at Albany, 2009
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 2001
- Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech, January 2016 -
- Postdoctoral Associate, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech, 2013 - 2015
Please click a title in light brown to view the abstract.
- Hosseinichimeh, N., MacDonald, R., Hyder, A., Ebrahimvandi, A., Porter, L., Reno, R., Maurer, J., Andersen, D. L., Richardson, G., Hawley, J., and Andersen, D. F. (2017). Group Model Building Techniques for Rapid Elicitation of Parameter Values, Effect Sizes, and Data Sources. System Dynamics Review, 33(1), 71–84.
- Hosseinichimeh, N., Rahmandad, H., Jalali, M. S., and Wittenborn, A. K. (2016). Estimating the parameters of system dynamics models using indirect inference. System Dynamic Review, 32(2), 156–180.
- Hosseinichimeh, N., Martin, E. G. and Weinberg, S. (2016). Do Changes in Health Insurance Coverage Explain Interstate Variation in Emergency Department Utilization? World Medical & Health Policy, 8(1): 58–73.
- Wittenborn, A. K., Rahmandad, H., Rick, J., & Hosseinichimeh, N. (2015). Depression as a systemic syndrome: Mapping the feedback loops of major depressive disorder. Psychological Medicine.
- Hosseinichimeh, N., Rahmandad, H., & Wittenborn, A.K. (2015). Modeling the hypothalamus–pituitary–adrenal axis: a review and extension. Mathematical Biosciences, 268, 52–65.
- Hosseinichimeh, N., & Weinberg, S. (2014). The effect of the Massachusetts Health Care Reform on Emergency Department Use. World Medical and Health Policy, 6(1): 9-21.
- System Dynamics Society
- Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management
Arash Baghaei Lakeh and Alba Rojas-Cordova win student paper awards at International System Dynamics Conference (July 2017)
Alba Rojas-Cordova wins INFORMS Minority Issues Forum Poster competition (November 2016)
Alba Rojas-Cordova received 2016 Bonder Scholarship for Applied OR in Health Services (August 2016)
ISE Welcomes Two New Faculty in Spring 2016 (January 2016)
Virginia Tech-Northern Virginia Center, Rm 440
7054 Haycock Road,
Falls Church, VA 22043