- Ph.D., Industrial Engineering & Management Sciences, Northwestern University
- M.S., Industrial Engineering & Systems Engineering, NC State
- B.Sc., Automation, Huazhong University of Science & Technology, Wuhan, China
- Assistant Professor, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech, 2014 - present
- Assistant Professor, Statistical Science and Operations Research, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2012 - 2014
- ISE 5414: Random Process
- ISE 5424: Simulation I
- X. Chen and K.-K. Kim, “Stochastic Kriging with Biased Sample Estimates,” ACM Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulation, 24 (2014), 8/1-8/23.
- X. Chen, B. E. Ankenman and B. L. Nelson, “Enhancing Stochastic Kriging Metamodels with Gradient Estimators,” Operations Research, 61 (2013), 512-528.
- X. Chen, B. E. Ankenman and B. L. Nelson, “The Effects of Common Random Numbers on Stochastic Kriging Metamodels,” ACM Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulation, 22 (2012), 7/1-7/20.
- INFORMS Simulation Society, Computing Society, and Applied Probability Society
- ACM SIGSIM
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- National Geographic Society
- The 2013 Nemhauser Dissertation Prize awarded by IEMS at Northwestern University
- Student Scholarship Award, the Spring Research Conference on Statistics in Industry and Technology
- The Arthur P. Hurter Award for Outstanding Academic Excellence among First Year Graduate Students
- National Honor Society Phi Kappa Phi Chapter 33 North Carolina State University
- Full tuition graduate assistantship, Northwestern University
- Walter P. Murphy Fellowship, Northwestern University
College of Engineering announces 27 new faculty hires (November 2014)