- Ph.D., Industrial and Systems Engineering, Texas A&M University
- M.S. (Thesis), Industrial and Systems Engineering, Texas A&M University
- B.Tech., Electrical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra, India
- Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech, August 2016 - Present
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences, Northwestern University, October 2014 - August 2016
- Research Assistant, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Texas A&M University, January 2011 - July 2014
- ISE 5405: Optimization I
- ISE 5406: Optimization II
Please click a title in brown to view the abstract.
- A. Sen, A. Banerjee, A. Sinha, and M. Bansal, "Clinical decision support: Converging toward an integrated architecture," Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 45(5): 1009-1017, 2012.
- M. Bansal, K. Kianfar, Y. Ding, and E. Moreno-Centeno, "Hybridization of bound-and-decompose and mixed integer feasibility to measure redundancy in structured linear systems," IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, 10(4): 1151-1157, 2013.
- M. Bansal, K. Kianfar, "n-step cycle inequalities: facets for the continuous multi-mixing set and strong cuts for multi-module capacitated lot-sizing problem," Mathematical Programming, 154 (1), 113-144, 2015.
- M. Bansal, K. Kianfar, "Planar maximum coverage location problem with partial coverage and rectangular demand and service zones," INFORMS Journal on Computing, 29(1), 152-169, 2017.
- M. Bansal, K. Kianfar, "Facets for the continuous multi-mixing set with general coefficients and bounded integer variables," Discrete Optimization, 26, 1-25, 2017.
- M. Bansal, K. L. Huang, S. Mehrotra, "Tight second-stage formulations for two-stage stochastic mixed integer programming problems," SIAM Journal on Optimization, 28(1), 788-819, 2018.
- J. Hu, M. Bansal, S. Mehrotra, "Robust decision making using a general utility set," European Journal of Operational Research, 269(2), 699-714, 2018.
- M. Bansal, K. L. Huang, S. Mehrotra, "Decomposition algorithms for two-stage distributionally robust mixed binary programs," SIAM Journal on Optimization, 28(3), 2360-2383, 2018.
- M. Bansal, "Facets for single module and multi-module capacitated lot-sizing problems without backlogging," Discrete Applied Mathematics (Available Online), 2018.
- M. Bansal, K. Kianfar, "An exact algorithm for coverage problem with a single rectangle," Proceedings of Industrial Engineering Research Conference, Cancun, 2010.
- M. Bansal, K. Kianfar, "n-step cycle inequalities: facets for the continuous n-mixing set and strong cuts for multi-module capacitated lot-sizing problem (extended abstract)," Integer Programming and Combinatorial Optimization (IPCO), J. Lee, J. Vygen (eds.), Bonn, Germany, June 2014.
- M. Bansal, Y. Zhang, "Two-stage stochastic (and distributionally robust) p-order conic mixed integer programs: Tight second stage formulations," Technical Report, 2018.
- M. Bansal, "Planar Maximum Coverage Location Problem with Partial Coverage and General Spatial Representation of Demand and Service Zones," Technical Report, 2017.
- M. Bansal, S. Mehrotra, "On solving two-stage distributionally robust disjunctive programs with a general ambiguity set," Technical Report, 2018.
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) - Member since 2010
- Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE) - Member since 2016
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) - Member since 2018
- Mathematical Optimization Society - Member since 2018
- Recognized via Thank-a-Teacher from Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning at VT, 2016
- New Faculty Mentoring Award, Virginia Tech, 2016
- Postdoctoral Professional Development Award, Northwestern University, 2016
- Invited Speaker, 2015 Mixed Integer Programming (MIP) Workshop, Booth School of Business - The University of Chicago, IL (only 25 speakers were invited)
- Best Poster Award, Mixed Integer Programming Workshop, 2013
- Second Place, INFORMS Interactive Session Poster Competition, INFORMS Annual Meeting, 2013
- Honorable Mention, INFORMS Student Presentation Competition, Texas A&M University, 2013
- Second Prize, Oral Presentation Competition, Student Research Week, Texas A&M University, 2012
- Merit Scholarship, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2008-09 and 2009-10
227 Durham Hall
1145 Perry Street
Blacksburg, VA 24061