Robert C. Williges
Ralph H. Bogle Professor Emeritus of Industrial and Systems Engineering (1976-2003)
- Human factors engineering
- Research methodology
- Human-computer interface design
- Ph.D., Ohio State University, 1968
- M.A., Ohio State University. 1966
- A.B., Wittenberg University, 1964
- Williges, R.C. (2007). CADRE: Computer-Aided Design Reference for Experiments. Blacksburg, VA: Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Electronic Book CD-ROM-07-01.
- Williges, R.C. (Ed.) (2006). Reviews of Human Factors and Ergonomics, Volume 2. Santa Monica: Human Factors and Ergonomics Society.
- Williges, R.C. (2006). Response surface methodology and sequential experimentation. In W. Karwowski (Ed.), International encyclopedia of ergonomics and human factors (2nd ed), Volume 3. (pp. 3342-3347) Boca Raton: CRC Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Williges, R.C. (2006). Preface. Reviews of Human Factors and Ergonomics, Volume 2. (pp. ix-x) Santa Monica: Human Factors and Ergonomics Society.
- Andre, T.S., Hartson, H.R., and Williges, R.C. (2003). Determining the effectiveness of the usability problem inspector: a theory-based model and tool for finding usability problems. Human Factors, 45(3), 455-482.
- Hartson, H.R., Andre, T.S., and Williges, R.C. (2003). Criteria for evaluating usability evaluation methods. International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, 15(1), 145-181.
- Chung, K.H., Shewchuk, J.P., and Williges, R.C. (2002). An analysis framework for applying virtual environment technology to manufacturing tasks. Human Factors and Ergonomics in Manufacturing. 12(4), 1-14.
- Shewchuk, J.P., Chung, K.H., and Williges, R.C. (2002). Chapter 54. Virtual environments in manufacturing. In K. Stanney (Ed.), Handbook of virtual environments. (pp. 1119-1141) New Jersey: Lawrence A. Erlbaum.
Applied experimental design and analysis reference, Micro Analysis and Design
Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, Past President, Editor