Benjamin S. Blanchard
Adjunct Professor; Professor Emeritus of Industrial and Systems Engineering (1970-97)
Before joining Virginia Tech in 1970, he was employed in industry for 17 years where he served in the capacity of design engineer, field service engineer, staff engineer, and engineering manager (Boeing Airplane Co., Sanders Associates, Bendix Corp., and General Dynamics Corp.). Prior to his industry career, he was an electronics maintenance officer in the U.S. Air Force for several years.
- BS Civil Engineering
- INCOSE (International Council on Systems Engineering) -- Fellows Committee; Editorial Board for Systems Engineering - The Journal of INCOSE
- SOLE (International Society of Logistics) -- Editor, SOLE Press; Board of Advisors
- Blanchard, B.S. and W.J. Fabrycky, Systems Engineering and Analysis, 4th Ed., Pearson Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 2006.
- Blanchard, B.S. and J. Langford, Supportability Toolkit, Reliability Analysis Center, Utica, NY, 2005.
- Blanchard, B.S., Logistics Engineering and Management, 6th Ed., Pearson Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 2004.
- Blanchard, B.S., System Engineering Management, 3rd Ed., John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, 2004.
- (540) 394-3311