Call for nominations: ISE Academy of Distinguished Alumni
The Grado Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering Academy of Distinguished Alumni is an honorary academy open to qualified living alumni (bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. recipients) of the Industrial and Systems Engineering Department at Virginia Tech. The purpose of the Academy is to recognize the professional achievements of alumni and to promote greater interaction between alumni and ISE faculty, staff, and students. Nominations are sought from any current Academy members, Advisory Board members, or faculty from within the department. Self-nominations are also accepted. Inductees are recognized at the annual Industrial and Systems Engineering Honors and Awards banquet typically held in April each year.
Criteria for potential candidates to be considered include:
- Significant achievement and/or reputation, including the longevity and consistency of professional achievements, whether in industry, government, or academia. (Note: it is not required that candidates’ current professional title is that of a practicing industrial engineer.)
- Service to society, community, and/or country, including in leadership positions.
- Service to the profession (e.g., through professional societies such as the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers or other organizations).
- Service to Virginia Tech and/or the ISE Department, including recruiting/hiring ISE graduates; involvement with department, college, or university activities and events; interaction with faculty and students; and philanthropy.
- Ethical standards.
- Being a living alumnus or alumna of the ISE Department is a prerequisite for candidacy. In very rare cases of extraordinary service to the ISE Department, one who is not an ISE graduate may be considered.
Please consider nominating yourself or another industrial and systems engineering alumni by completing the below form. If you have any questions, please email our Alumni and External Relations Manager Linda Hazelwood.