Resilient Cognitive Solutions (RCS) is growing to support the development of a unique new laboratory for research and development in human-machine ecosystems and experiential learning environments. The creation of this laboratory has generated new career opportunities and immediate openings for Learning Engineers and Learning Experience Designers. At RCS, our Cognitive Systems Engineer (CSE) Team builds revolutionary information systems that directly support decision making for the military and private sector.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Industrial Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Psychology, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 1-3+ years of experience analyzing, designing, and evaluating Decision Support Systems.
- Substantial knowledge /training in Cognitive Engineering and human-machine interfaces (HMI): - Knowledge of state-of-the-art research in these areas. - Publications in these areas highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written).
- Can work and achieve goals in a group.
- Excellent analytic, problem definition, and problem-solving skills, including:
- analyzing a problem domain and to distilling core decision-making processes and challenges; often from rich, semi-articulated problem domains,
- identifying and adapting applicable technologies found in academic and industrial research
- creating/inventing innovative human-machine interface approaches and to translate them into successful decision-support solutions.
- Perform cognitive task analysis efforts to provide critical analytical basis for subsequent design.
- Create and prototyping innovative and useful GUI designs for these complex domains.
- Perform iterative evaluations of system prototypes and operational evaluations of fielded decision support systems.
- Analyze advanced visualizations for the underlying decision support being provided.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team, under the supervision of Senior and Principal Cognitive Systems Engineers.
- Communicate directly with customers and subject matter experts.
- Have knowledge of contemporary learning theory and best practices in learning design and engineering for experiential learning.
If you are interested in the internship opportuniy, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moog is searching for motivated Virginia Tech ISE students interested in Internship and Co-Op opportunities. Moog is an international company with local operations in the New River Valley. The company specializes in innovative motion control solutions for customers within the aerospace, defense, industrial and medical industries. Internship and Co-Op positions at Moog include the responsibility of developing innovative yet simple solutions to complex manufacturing problems within a team setting and the drive to implement solutions directly improving the business.
The Industrial Group of Christiansburg is a newly established site for Moog and is specifically interested in ISE Majors with either Spring or Fall 2022 Full-Time Co-Op (40 hour work week) availability that can be combined into multi-block opportunities with the Summer 2022 term. If you are interested in a multi-block opportunity for 2022, please contact Shawn Wildman (Email) with your term availability and resume for review.
Open Fortna LADR Program Overview (pdf)
Fortna is an engineering services consulting firm that partners with the world’s leading brands to transform their distribution operations to keep pace with digital disruption and growth objectives. Our Clients encompass a wide array of industries and companies, including household names like Dick’s Sporting Goods, J. Crew, and O’Reily Auto Parts just to name a few!
We’re looking for more talented Virginia Tech ISEs to join our team full-time after graduation. We’re hiring for the Fortna Leadership and Development Rotational (LADR) Program, which is an awesome opportunity to experience accelerated development while directly contributing to and impacting critical client-facing projects. LADR Program participants will benefit from an extensive peer network of past LADR associates (including many recent VT ISE graduates), gain exposure to senior leaders, cross-business projects, and leadership opportunities.
If starting your career in a consulting role at a rapidly growing company the Warehousing/Distribution/Logistics industry, Fortna’s LADR program may be a great fit for you.
Interested? We invite and encourage you to:
InMotion is looking to fill multiple part time roles, preferably with engineering students. We have some flexibility to place students in different slots throughout the day depending on what best fits their schedule. This could be a great fit for future engineers as it would give them actual hands on experience in a manufacturing setting. Here’s a description of what the company is looking for. This is also posted on Handshake. Please indicate your interest by sending your resume to Mr. Chris Wickline.
- Local - Green Technology Company Needs Your Help!
- Located less than 10 minutes from VT Campus!
- We will work around your school schedule!
- No experience needed!
- Add some “HANDS ON” experience to your resume!
- $14.00 per hour
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Motor Assembler: Perform precision assembly of motor units as required
- Electronics Assembler: Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, or engineering instructions for assembling electronics units and maintaining circuitry
- Self-motivated and capable of completing tasks without supervision
- Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
Technomics, Inc. is an employee-owned consulting firm that specializes in data management, analytics, and technology solutions development. We focuses on the exciting and critical field of weapon system program cost and economic analysis, systems engineering, and process improvement. We are looking for analytical thinkers with the ability to problem solve and convey results in a concise, well-structured manner.
Are you interested in learning more about the career opportunities Technomics has to offer? Please email our Technical Recruiter, Hannah Moore (Email) with your:
- Why you’re interested in working for Technomics
- 1-2 sentence bio
- How you heard about Technomics (Ben Bergen, VT ISE Class of 2020).