The Virginia Tech student chapter has been selected as a winner of the INFORMS 2018 Student Chapter Annual Award at the Cum Laude level.
About INFORMS at Virginia Tech:
The VT-INFORMS chapter aims to stimulate interest in the fields of Operations Research, Manufacturing Systems and Processes, and Management Sciences, as well as to provide professional development opportunities for students in ISE and other related programs at Virginia Tech. The Chapter seeks to be a platform for students and faculty to get familiar with research and industry professionals.
The goals of the INFORMS officers are to:
- Foster research collaboration within the department and across other related departments
- Create potential research collaborations between the department and industry
- Provide professional development workshops for graduate students
- Allow graduate students to grow their professional network with industry
- Help prepare graduate students for both the academic and indsutrial job markets
- Enhance the sense of community within the department
Purpose of the Award
The purpose of the new Student Chapter Annual Awards is to recognize achievements of student chapters and to motivate them to perform well. The award will be given at the INFORMS National Meeting. Every active INFORMS Student Chapter is eligible for this award.