Giving to ISE
At the Grado Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, we recognize that our faculty and students have the talent to help make the world become more productive and efficent.
In the classroom we're consistently providing a world-class engineering education to our students that we believe will serve as a foundation for success throughout their lives. In our labs we are pioneering new advances in important areas such as manufacturing systems, human factors and ergonomics, management systems, and operations research.
But cultivating such an environment demands resources. Many of our research and educational endeavors would not be possible without help from our former students and friends of the department.
Your gift to the department:
- Helps ensure others have the same opportunity to get a quality education
- Helps maintain our nationally-recognized standards of educational excellence
- Helps the department keep pace with the constantly changing advancements in technologies
- Helps fund scholarships for deserving students in need
- Helps play a vital role in the discoveries that revolutionize our lives and set in motion new ideas and new discoveries
- Helps foster a scholarly and professional environment that enables faculty, students and staff to make lasting contributions to the advancement of knowledge, the creative and innovative practice of engineering, and improvement of the quality of life for society as a whole
In order to provide flexible funds to support a variety of needs, the ISE Department established a permanent endowment fund in 2007 called the Excellence Fund. Gifts to this fund are not spent in the current year but are invested through the Virginia Tech Foundation. The Department spends only the associated earnings from this investment each year—thus, the Excellence Fund provides a means to invest in the future. With this fund, we seek to create a culture of giving by asking alumni and friends of ISE to make an annual gift to the Excellence Fund. This fund has steadily grown and generates financial resources for activities that we cannot support through state funding. The Excellence Fund remains our greatest priority for giving.