About VT ISE
The Grado Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Virginia Tech has faculty engaged in a wide breadth of studies ranging from research in the areas of manufacturing systems, human factors and ergonomics, management systems, and operations research. The ultimate goals of our research activities are to positively influence society by providing new knowledge, and train students to develop into independent researchers who, in their careers, will continue to advance the forefront of science and technology.
The mission of the ISE Department at Virginia Tech is to:
- Prepare undergraduate and graduate students for life-long success and leadership in the profession, in industry, and in higher education;
- Conduct and disseminate research that advances knowledge; and
- Serve the profession, industry, and society.
The vision of the ISE Department at Virginia Tech is that:
- Students achieve excellence while they are at Virginia Tech, are sought after by the most-respected organizations and universities around the world, and are successful leaders throughout their careers;
- Faculty are instrumental in shaping the direction of the profession through leadership roles in the discipline;
- The Department is internationally recognized for leading research and scholarship;
- We attract and retain world-class students, faculty, and staff;
- Alumni are highly engaged with Department faculty, staff, and students; and
- We create and sustain a collegial environment and sense of community.