Jaime A. Camelio
Professor; Rolls-Royce Commonwealth Professor of Advanced Manufacturing
Main Area: Manufacturing Engineering
- Intelligent manufacturing systems - design, modeling, analysis, and control of complex systems
- Cyber physical security for manufacturing systems – vulnerability mapping, mitigation technologies
- Data mining and statistical learning applications for manufacturing processes and systems, process monitoring, diagnosis, prognosis, and control.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan, 2002
- M.S., Industrial and Operations Engineering, University of Michigan, 2002
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Universidad Catolica de Chile, 1996
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Universidad Catolica de Chile, 1994
- Professor, ISE, Virginia Tech, 08/15 - present
- Associate Professor with Tenure, ISE, Virginia Tech, 08/11 – 07/15
- Rolls-Royce Commonwealth Professor for Advanced Manufacturing, 12/13 – Present
- Virginia Tech Director for Manufacturing Systems Member, Industrial Operations Board Commonwealth Center for Advance Manufacturing (CCAM), 03/11 – Present
- Director, ICTAS Center for Innovation Based Manufacturing (CIBM), ISE, Virginia Tech, 07/10 – Present
- Assistant Department Head and Graduate Program Director, ISE, Virginia Tech, 07/10 – 07/14
- Assistant Professor, ISE, Virginia Tech, 08/08 – 08/11
- Visiting Professor, ESE Business School, Universidad de los Andes, Santiago, Chile, 07/09 - Present
- Visiting Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago, Chile, 07/08 – 08/08
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering – Engineering Mechanics, Michigan Technological University, 08/05 – 07/08
- Consultant, A.T. Kearney Inc. Southfield, MI, 03/04 – 07/05
- Assistant Research Scientist, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 11/03 – 02/04
- ISE 2204 Manufacturing Processes
- ISE 5204 Manufacturing Systems
- ISE 4984 Intelligent Manufacturing
Please click a title to view the abstract.
- Wells, L.J., Camelio, J.A., Williams, C.B., and White, J., 2014, "Cyber-Physical Security Challenges in Manufacturing Systems," SME Manufacturing Letters, 2(2), 74-77.
- Wells, L., Megahed, F., Camelio, J., Niziolek, C., Woodall, W., 2012, “Statistical Process Monitoring Approach for High-Density Point Clouds,” Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, pp. 1-13.
- Megahed, F., Wells, L., Camelio, J., and Woodall, W., 2012, “A Spatiotemporal Monitoring Method for Image Data,” Quality and Reliability Engineering International, 28(8), 967-980.
- Megahed, F., Woodall, W., Camelio, J., 2011, “A Review and Perspective on Control Charting with Image Data,” Journal of Quality Technology, 43(2), pp. 83-98.
- Xie, K, Well, L., Camelio, J., Youn, B.D., 2007, “Variation Propagation Analysis on Compliant Assemblies Considering Contact Interaction,” ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 129(5), 934-942.
- Associate Editor, ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering (2013 – present)
- Rolls-Royce Commonwealth Professor for Advance Manufacturing, 2013 - present
- Virginia Tech Faculty Fellow, 2013 – 2015
- Virginia Tech Illuminator Award, 2013
- Virginia Tech Student Engineering Council (SEC) Undergraduate Research Advisor Award, 2013
Scholar of the Week: Jaime Camelio (July 2016)
Dr. Jaime Camelio has been promoted to Professor (June 2015)
Four to receive Illuminator Awards (April 2013)
- (540) 231-8976
100 Durham Hall
1145 Perry Street
Blacksburg, VA 24061