Jaime A Camelio
Rolls-Royce Commonwealth Professor of Advanced Manufacturing
- Ph.D., University of Michigan, 2002
- M.S., University of Michigan, 2002
- M.S., Universidad Catolica de Chile, 1996
- B.S., Universidad Catolica de Chile, 1994
- Perform research on modeling, analysis and control of manufacturing systems with an emphasis on assembly, remanufacturing, and microforming.
Recent Course Responsibilities
Selected Recent Publications
- Camelio, J., Hu, S. J., and Ceglarek, D., 2003, “Modeling Variation Propagation of Multi-Station Assembly Systems with Compliant Parts,” ASME, Journal of Mechanical Design, 125(4) pp. 673-681. Also won Best Paper Award by DETC2001/ASME, Pittsburgh, PA, Sept. 10-12, 2001.
- Camelio, J., Zhong, W., and Hu, S. J., 2003, “Multiple Fault Diagnosis for Machining Processes using Designated Component Analysis,” Transactions of NAMRI/SME, Volume XXXI, pp. 201-208.
- Camelio, J., and Hu, S. J., 2004, “Compliant Assembly Variation Analysis using Components Geometric Covariance,” ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 126(2) pp. 355-360. Also published in the Proceedings of the 2002 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Conference and Exposition, New Orleans, LA.
- Camelio, J., and Hu, S. J., 2004, “Multiple Fault Diagnosis for Sheet Metal Fixtures using Designated Component Analysis,” ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 126(1) pp. 91-97.
- Camelio, J., Hu, S. J., and Ceglarek, D., 2004, “Impact of Fixture Design on Sheet Metal Assembly Variation,” SME Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 23(3) pp. 182-193. Also published in the Proceedings of the 2002 ASME Design Engineering Technical Conference, Montreal, Canada.
- Camelio, J., Hu, S. J. and Yim, H. 2005, “Sensor Placement for Effective Diagnosis of Multiple Faults in Fixturing of Compliant Parts,” ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 127(1) pp. 68-74. Also published in the Proceedings of the 2003 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Conference and Exposition, Washington, DC.
- Camelio, J., Heichelbech, B., 2006, “Comparison of Diagnosis Methods in Sheet Metal Assembly,” Transactions of NAMRI, Vol XXXIV, pp. 135-142.
- Hu, S.J., and Camelio, J., 2006, “Modeling and Control of Compliant Assembly Systems,” Annals of the CIRP Vol. 55.
- Camelio, J., and Yim, H. J., 2006, “Identification of Dimensional Variation Patterns on Compliant Assemblies,” Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 25(2), pp. 65-76.
- Yue, J., Camelio, J., Chin, M., and Cai, W., 2007, “Product Oriented Sensitivity Analysis for Multi-station Compliant Assemblies,” Journal of Mechanical Design, 129(8), pp. 844-851.
- Xie, K, Wells, L., Camelio, J., Youn, B.D., 2007, “Variation Propagation Analysis On Compliant Assemblies Considering Contact Interaction,” ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 129(1), pp. 934-942.
- Shirodkar, P., Kumar, V., Camelio, J., and Sutherland, J., 2007, “Characterizing Value Flow during the Product Life Cycle to Promote Reuse, Remanufacturing, and Recycling,” International Journal of Production Research, 45(19), pp. 4555-4572.
- Bryan, A., Camelio, J. A., Hu, S. J., Joshi, N., and Malshe, A. P., 2007, “Error Analysis of a Nano-Mechanical Drill,” A Chapter in Models for Computer Aided Tolerancing in Design and Manufacturing, Springer.
- Emblom, W., Weinmann, K, Camelio, J., 2008, “An Experimental Investigation of the Robustness of an Aluminum Stamping Die Using Flexible Binders and Adjustable Drawbeads Designed Using FEM,” Transactions of NAMRI/SME XXXVI, Monterrey, Mexico.
- Dreyer, J., Rickli, J., Pandit, S., Camelio, J., 2008, “Workpiece Defect Detection Using Piezoelectric Instrumented Fixtures for Machining of Metal Matrix Composites,” Transactions of NAMRI/SME XXXVI, Monterrey, Mexico.
- Rickli, J., Camelio, J., 2008, “Damage Detection in Assembly Fixtures using Non-Destructive Electromechanical Impedance Sensors and Multivariate Statistics,” Accepted into the International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology.
Selected Recent Projects
- Planning Grant: I/UCRC Assembly Systems Research Lab, Co-PI (with Dr. John Sutherland), National Science Foundation, 2008-2009
- Elemental Mold and Die Proof of Concept, PI, Michigan Universities Commercialization Initiative, 2007 — 2008
- Seed Grant for Collaborative Research in Self Healing Manufacturing Systems, PI, State of Michigan, 2007 — 2008
- Application of Control Theory Principles to Improve the Performance of a Dynamic Trucking Close Network, PI, Schneider National, 2007
- Heavy Equipment
Key Professional Service Activities
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 1998-present
- Member, Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- Track Chair, 2008 ASME International Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference
- Newsletter Editor for ASME Manufacturing Engineering Division, 2008-2010
- Co-Chair, Life Cycle Engineering Technical Committee, ASME Manufacturing Engineering Division, 2008-2010.